Imposter Syndrome Workshop Series
Time & Location
About the Event
Have you ever overworked or overcompensated at work or in relationships because you felt like you weren't good enough? This is a type of imposter syndrome which is rampant among modern, ambitious women. Despite the fact that these professional women are highly skilled at what they do (with the receipts to prove it), they still feel like they need to prove themselves, or else they might be accused of being a phony.
A cursory search on Google will tell women with imposter syndrome that they "need more confidence," but there are two main issues with this solution:
- It implies that there is something wrong with the woman and it is her own responsibility to fix it and,
- There is no accountability on the system that made her feel this way in the first place.
In this Imposter Syndrome Workshop Series, we are going to focus on three main areas of imposter syndrome:
- Clearly defining imposter syndrome and the real problem.
- Reimagining an inclusive system that prevents imposter syndrome.
- Explore the roots of our imposter syndrome to start the healing process.
Since these will be deep dives, we are creating space in between each area listed above; this means we will have workshops over the course of multiple days in June 2021. There will be limited seats so make sure you RSVP to stay informed when registration officially opens in May.
Questions? Contact Susan at email@example.com